Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thank you!

Thank you to everyone who has looked at this blog and especially to those who have left comments over the past month – they have been very encouraging!

It takes this Bear a while to find someone who will give him an encouraging comment. Greg Foley’s “Thank you Bear” tells the story, with minimal text and illustrations, of Bear who finds a box which he thinks will be perfect for his friend Mouse. But other friends are a little critical of his find.

Owl said, “I’ve seen those before.”

Elephant said, “I think it’s too small.”

Bunny said, “I don’t have time to look right now.”


(Every time I read Bunny’s comment, I wonder how many times I’ve said that to my own kids when they have something important to show me!)

Luckily for Bear, Mouse is very grateful.

“It’s the greatest thing ever! Thank you, Bear!”

Greg has a website with more information about other Bear books, plus some great online games.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Karen. I was recommended this blog and while it has significantly increased my trips to the library, it's great to read each day. Thanks

    ReplyDelete